Child Mental Health Wraparound Supports
Supporting Child Mental Health with Wraparound Support Services
Wraparound Supports Defined
When a youth is diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance, it is crucial to provide them with the necessary support. That’s where child mental health supports is the first step to ensuring a youth and their family get the support they need. Wraparound supports facilitates discussions with a team invested in the future of the youth and family to create a the creation a person-centered treatment plan. This plan focuses on the strengths of the child and their family to address their unique needs.
Our goal? To help them achieve more positive outcomes in their lives. We do this by ensuring families have the knowledge and resources to access the services they need so a youth isn’t at risk of having to enter the child welfare or probation system just to get the support they require. No more bouncing from agency to agency — we’re here to provide a seamless experience.
But it doesn’t stop there. We also work to ensure that children receive services within the appropriate system. We examine current practices, assist in cross-educating community stakeholders, and we help build collaborations for the youth and family within the community. This multi-agency approach benefits all the youth and family which helps lead to the best outcomes and service conditions for the individual.
At Wraparound Supports, our mission is simple: to create a strong support system for a youth’s mental health. Let’s work together for a brighter future.
Advocacy Links can provide Wraparound Support for youth and families eligible for Child Mental Health Wraparound (CMHW) services and the Child Mental Health Initiative (CMHI).
To be eligible through Child Mental Health Wraparound (CMHW) a youth must.
- Be eligible for Medicaid and Home and Community-Based Services
- Be 6 through 17 years of age
- Have two or more Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Text Revision diagnoses
- Youth who are experiencing significant emotional and/or functional impairments that impact their level of functioning at home or in the community (e.g., Seriously Emotionally Disturbed classification)
- Demonstrate a level of need by meeting the following criteria
- Receive a score of 4 or higher on the Division of Mental Health and Addiction-approved assessment tool
A youth must also have one of the following behavioral or emotional needs:
- Adjustment to trauma
- Debilitating anxiety
- Conduct problems
- Sexual aggression
What You Can Expect From Us
- Monthly team meetings to ensure progress on established support goals.
- Weekly contact with Wraparound a facilitator for support and encouragement.
- Connection to natural and community resources that create and maintain ongoing support options.
- Compassionate, knowledgeable, and local facilitators who are familiar with the resources available in your area.
To request a referral and assessment for Child Mental Health Wraparound Supports, contact the State of Indiana’s Access Site:
or call 211 to request an assessment
To be eligible through Child Mental Health Initiative (CMHI) a youth must:
– Meet all of the criteria above for CMHW EXCEPT
– Meeting Medicaid and HCBS eligibility. Medicaid and HCBS are not required for CMHI
CMHI is best suited for youth who are not Medicaid eligible or who have insurance plans that don’t cover mental health or Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.